Lewis records Fairfield as the residence of T. Wade in 1837. It is described in the Ordnance Survey Name books as "built on rising ground from which there is a good prospect". At the time of Griffith's Valuation the house was being leased by Thomas Wade from the Handy estate. In 1906 it was in the possession of Rochford Wade when it was valued at £23. Fairfield House is no longer extant and the demesne is the focus for a major sawmilling operation.