Wilson mentions Woodlawn as "a very superb ediface", the seat of Frederick Trench, in 1786. In 1837 Lewis recorded Woodlawn as the seat of J. Trench and mentions the extraordinary mausoleum nearby. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, the house and buildings at Woodlawn were valued at £125, one of the highest buildings valuations in county Galway at that time. In 1894 Slater refers to Woodlawn House as the seat of John Samuel Barrett. By 1906 it had a value of £150 and was in the possession of Lord Ashtown. Woodlawn House is still extant but unoccupied.