In 1783 Taylor and Skinner show Garbally as a seat of the Trench family. Wilson mentions Garbally , "the very fine seat of Willaim Power Keating Trench", in 1786. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was the seat of the Earl of Clancarty and was valued at £150. It became St. Joseph's College, Garbally Park, in 1922 and has functioned as a school until very recently. It is still extant.