The house at Cregg seems to have been built by Francis Butler in the 18th century. Wilson refers to it as the seat of Mr. Butler in 1786. In 1814 it was the residence of Walter Butler and Lewis also records it as a Butler house. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was occupied by Robert J. Lattey and was valued at £25. This also included the premises known as Cregg Cottage which was located in the demesne. In 1906 it was owned by Robert Thomas Lattey and was valued at £33. The original house is no longer extant.