In 1840, the Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to "Fort Henry, a commodious house, the residence of Henry Ely" in the townland of Greyfort, parish of Borrisokane. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Henry Ely was leasing a property valued at almost £5 from the Saunders estate in this townland. This may refer to the property shown on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map as Greyfort House. On the later 25-inch map of the 1890s it is known as Greyfort Cottage. A house is still extant at the site.