Located on the shore of Lough Derg the Reverend R.P. Vaughan was resident at Waterloo in 1837. The Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to it as his residence, "a neat cottage". Edward Biggs is recorded as the occupier in the mid 19th century, holding the property valued at £10 from Dr Malony. A building is still located at this site.