Arranhill was a Stoney home in the late 18th century. Thomas Stoney was resident in 1814 and Thomas George Stoney in 1837. In 1840 the Ordnance Survey Name Books report that "it suffered considerable damage during the storm of 6 and 7 January, 1839. It is occupied at present by Mr. Skelly, land steward to George Walpole, Brusna Mills, Roscrea". The Name Books also note the Marquis of Ormond as the proprietor. Thomas G. Stoney was the occupier in the early 1850s holding the property from the representatives of T.P. Firman. The buildings were valued at £23.10 shillings. This house is described as "in ruins" on the 25-inch Ordnance Survey map of the 1890s and some of these ruins remain.