Thomas Wyse is recorded as the lessor of this property in 1850 when it was vacant and valued at almost £32. . In 1814 Leet also noted it as the seat of Thomas Wyse. The house at the site is labelled Roanmore on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map. A much larger property, labelled St. John's Manor, appears on the 25-inch edition of the 1890s. This house was constructed in the nineteenth century to replace an ancient manor at the site, also belonging to the Wyse family. The building is still extant and now the focus of a Youth Services Project.