Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|Description:||An 18th century building which was the seat of the Ryan family. The Irish Tourist Association Survey records that the Ryans, a Catholic family, came from Munroe to Inch and that their lands were held for them by Aneas Burke of Kilkenny during Penal Times. Wilson, writing in 1786, refers to Inch as the seat of Mr. Ryan. The house was occupied by Daniel Ryan in 1814. Daniel died in 1831 and was succeeded by his brother, George Ryan,who was resident in 1837. The house was valued at £53 at the time of Griffith's Valuation and was held in fee by George Ryan. It was recorded by Slater as the seat of George E. Ryan in 1894. The Ryans continued to live at Inch House until 1985 when it was sold to John and Nora Egan. The building now functions as a county house and restaurant run by the Egan family, see http://www.inchhouse.ie/about-us/a-brief-history-of-inch-house/|
|Poor Law Union:||Thurles|
|OS Sheet Number:||34|
|OSI Grid Reference:||S053 632|
|Latitude / Longitude:||
[ Google Earth ] [ Google Maps ]
[ show nearby ]