The Manserghs were residing at Greenane from the mid 18th century. Wilson, writing in 1786, refers to the house as the seat of Nicholas S Mansergh. In 1814 John Mansergh was the occupant and in 1837 it was the home of his son, Richard Southcote Mansergh. In the mid 19th century the house was valued at £35 and held from Lady Osborne. In 1894 Slater refers to it as the seat of Lt. Col. M. Tynte. The house is still occupied by a member of the Mansergh family, Philippa Mansergh, and her husband, John Wallace.