A mid 18th century house built by the Pennefather family and occupied by them until sold to the Davies family after the Famine (Bence Jones). In the mid 19th century the house was valued at almost £49 and held in fee by Captain M. Pennefather. It was advertised for sale by the Pennefathers in June 1852 and bought by the Davies who sold it to the McCans in 1864. Joseph McCann was resident in 1906. Now known as Ballyowen House and still in use as a country house.