The seat of the Osborne family, held by R.B. Osborne MP in fee in the mid 19th century when the buildings were valued at £56+. Inherited by 12th Duke of St Albans, grandson of R.B. Osborne. Occupied by the Duchess of St Albans in 1906 and still in this family's possession in the early 1940s. The Irish Tourist Association survey states that the Osbornes bought the property from Clonmel Corporation in 1774. The National Inventory of Architectural Heritage dates this house 1829. It continues to be in use as a residence.