Dating from the very early 18th century, Springfort was the home of the Vowell family in the 18th century but Mr Cox is recorded as the proprietor in the late 1770s. By 1837 the Reverend Jonathan Bruce was resident. In the early 1850s William Carroll occupied the house holding the property from William Cox. The buildings were valued at £11+. This house was still extant in the 1980s when it was the home of the Cagneys.