Hajba dates this house from 1749 when it was built as a hunting lodge for the Courtenays. Described by Lewis in 1837 as the seat of Robert Courtney, John Culhane was resident by the time of Griffith's Valuation, holding the property from John Courtnay. The buildings were valued at £13. In 1943 the Irish Tourist Association Survey noted that it was then the home of the Culhane family. The house was demolished in the 1960s.