McTernan states that Ivy Lodge was built on the Caulfield estate in the 1870s, possibly replacing an earlier building. It was initially occupied by the agent to the estate, William Holmes, and later by Edward Purdue, the gamekeeper. Agrarian unrest occurred on the estate in the late nineteenth century, including a boycott of the Purdue family. The property was sold in 1912 and acquired by the Congested Districts Board in 1917 when the lands were divided. The house is still extant and occupied.