A branch of the Rogers family was located at Ashgrove in the early 18th century. Described by Bence Jones as a late Georgian house built for Councillor Franklin by Abraham Hargrave and now a ruin. In 1810 Townsend referred to the new house of Richard Frankland "built in the best modern style". It was occupied in 1814 by Mrs Franklan and in 1837 by R. Frankland. Richard Frankland held the property in fee at the time of Griffith's Valuation when the buildings were valued at £32.