The home of the O'Brien family in the 18th and 19th centuries, sold by them in the mid 19th century. Cornelius O'Brien was the occupant in 1837 and at the time of Griffith's Valuation. He held the house valued at £17.15 shillings from James Reid. Kilcor was bought by Francis Doyne Dwyer and later passed to the Phipps family through marriage. In the 1940s the Irish Tourist Association Survey reported that it was the residence of Captain H. Phipps.