This would appear to have been a Wilson residence from the late 18th century though Wilson, writing in 1786, refers to it as the seat of "Mr. Groves". . Hajba writes of earlier associations with the Oliver, Cole Bowen and Grove families. Henry Cole Bowen was resident in 1750. At the time of Griffith's Valuation William Wilson was the occupier. He held the property from Benjamin Grubbs and it was valued at £10. In the 1870s William Wilson of Kilcummer owned 182 acres in county Cork. This house is no longer extant.