Part of an estate bought by John Browne 3rd Earl of Altamont in 1794 this house, situated very close to the seashore, was let to various persons during the 19th century including Isidore Blake, Reverend Francis Ruttledge. At the tie of Griffith's Valuation it was occupied by Campbell Sawers and valued at £8. It is labelled Oldhead Lodge on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map but as Oldhead House on the later 25-inch edition. In 1936 the house was sold to John Gardner of Lackafinna, Cong, county Mayo. It later became a hotel and is now the centre of a holiday village.