Dating from the mid 18th century, Hajba writes that this house was built by Christopher Waggett, nephew and son-in-law of George Crofts of Velvetstown House. By 1814 it was occupied by Richard Purcell and at the time of Griffith's Valuation by Fitzgerald O'Keeffe who held it from the Earl of Egmont. It was valued at £20+ at this time. In the 1870s George Crofts Harris of Spittalfields owned 591 acres in county Cork. The property of the O'Brien family in the 20th century, run as a guest house.