This house was the seat of the Newman family in the 18th and 19th centuries. In 1786 Wilson refers to it as "Dromore, the seat of Mr. Newman". The house was valued at almost £49 in the mid 19th century and held by Adam Newman in fee. John R.B. Newman was resident in 1906. The house was burnt in June 1921 during the War of Independence when it was owned by John R. Pretyman Newman. It was rebuilt by the Newmans and then sold to the Poor Sisters of Nazareth as a nursing home.