Built by Atwell Hayes in the 1780s, Vernon Mount was the residence of John Leslie in 1814 and of O. Hayes in 1837. Soon afterwards it was leased to William Lane and he was the occupier at the time of Griffith's Valuation, holding the house valued at £55 from Attiwell Hayes. The Hayes sale rental of 1851 describes this house as "a large handsome building erected by the present owner's father at a cost of £5000". It was leased by the Hayes family to William Lane in 1839. The house at this site was severely damaged by fire in July 2016. The shell of the building remains.