In 1786 Wilson refers to Newtown as the seat of Mr. Ellard. Occupied by Miles Ryan in 1814 and by Richard Ellard at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Ellard held the property from - Keating and the buildings were valued at £13. Lewis refers to Newtown Ellard as the ancient seat of the Lloyd family. In 1906 this house valued at £23.10 shillings was occupied by Mary R. Ellard. It is still extant.