The National Inventory of Architectural Heritage (buildings of Ireland) states that this was a home of William Petty-FitzMaurice (1737-1805), 2nd Earl of Shelburne and 1st Marquess of Lansdowne. The Ordnance Survey Field Name Book refers to the building of Shelburne in 1837 at a cost of £2,000. Circa 1840 it was the seat of H.N.Seymour. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was occupied by a representative of Robert Gabbett and held from the Marquess. It was the home of Thompson Russell in 1878 and of Henrietta Rose in 1887. Now located in the grounds of Ardscoil Rís.