Fort William was the residence of a branch of the Odell family in the 18th century. Occupied by Reverend John Graves in 1814. Mrs Graves had a flour mill here in 1837 but T. O'Dell was living at Fort William. The Ordnance Survey Name Book states that this house was formerly the residence of William Brown of Springmount ''at present occupied by a herdsman''. The residence of Richard D. Power in the mid 19th century who held the property valued at £11 from John B. Graves (in Chancery). The home of Goodricke Thomas Peacocke in the 1880s. This house is still extant and occupied.