At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Robert Rogers & others were leasing a property at Kingsfort, barony of Tirerrill, to John Gardiner. It was valued at £10. Earlier, in 1786, Wilson refers to Kingsfort as the seat of Rev. Mr. Dodd. McTernan states that this property was originally part of the Mitchell estate and later became a police barracks. It was demolished in the 1990s.