Alex Popham was leasing a house valued at £17 to Andrew Irwin at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Writing in 1786 Wilson refers to Ballymore as the seat of Pooley Shuldham, who may have been connected with the Longford family of that name. In 1814 Ballymore was the seat of Edward Elwood. In 1837 Lewis recorded it as the seat of Rev. J. Elwood. It is described as " a mansion in the possession of the late Rev. Elwood's family" at the time of the first Ordnance Survey. A house is still extant at Ballymore.