The home of the Goff family in the 19th century. Described by Lewis as a substantial and handsome mansion of limestone with a Doric portico, the residence of R. Goff. In the 1850s occupied by the Reverend William Battersby, who held the property from the Earl of Essex. Reverend Battersby was married to Mary Maud Caulfield, a daughter of John Caulfield, Archdeacon of Kilmore. The house was valued at £65. By the 1870s the residence of John Burke and the seat of Lt-Col. Michael A. Burke in 1894. Still extant and offered for sale in 2008 (Irish Times, 5 June 2008).