A home of the O'Grady family in the 19th century, this house is still lived in and well maintained. In 1944 the Irish Tourist Association surveyor recorded Tavraun House as a plain, two-storey house, owned by Mr Walsh. Sir Henry Doran of the Congested Districts' Board lived in the house at the beginning of the 20th century. The family vault of the O'Gradys is in Urlaur Abbey. "Tavrane" House was sold in 2017.