- Several townlands in Killoran parish are described as the property of Owen Lloyd in the OS Name Books and Arthur Lloyd is recorded as a lessor in Griffith's Valuation of 1857 for this area. In the 1870s the representatives of Arthur Lloyd were the proprietors of over 650 acres in county Sligo.
- The Elwood family settled at Kilkeeran Castle, in the parish of Kilmainebeg, barony of Kilmaine, count Mayo, in the mid 17th century. The Irish Tourist Association File records that "Tradition says the castle was owned by eleven brothers called Elwood who were drowned while crossing a lake which was beside their home, a piper who was also in the boat was saved". The senior branch of the family settled in county Roscommon in the 18th century although they retained ownership of Kilkeeran and Knockroe, of which they were proprietors at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Captain Robinson of Boyle, county Roscommon was their agent in the 1830s. In the 1870s the Elwood family held 500 acres in county Roscommon.
Lloyd (Croghan & Leitrim)
- The Lloyd estate was centred on Croghan, close to Carrick-on-Shannon but located in county Roscommon. Guy Lloyd is recorded as owning over 1200 acres in county Leitrim in the 1870s, including townlands in the parish of Cloone, near Mohill. In 1828 Guy Lloyd was a member of the Grand Panel of county Roscommon. The Lloyds were also one of the principal lessors in the parishes of Killukin and Killummod, barony of Boyle and in the parish of Kilmacumsy, barony of Frenchpark, county Roscommon and in the 1870s their estate in county Roscommon amounted to over 7,300 acres. For most of the latter part of the 19th century the Lloyds of Croghan were absentee landlords. John Merrick Lloyd, who died in 1929, was the last member of the family to own Croghan. Most of the estate was already in the hands of the tenants and the remainder was bought by Captain William French, a connection of the Frenchs of Frenchpark. One of J.M. Lloyd's sisters married Stanhope F. Kenny of Ballinrobe. Members of the Lloyd family were High Sheriffs of Leitrim in 1846, 1869 and 1902. In 1852 a portion of the estate of Edward Lloyd and Elizabeth Campbell at Lyonstown, barony of Boyle and Ballinabinna, county Leitrim, was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates court. Several other members of the Lloyd family are recorded as owners of land in county Leitrim in the 1870s notably Robert, with an address at Twickenham, London, who held over 800 acres. His estate was mainly at Annaghmore in the barony of Mohill. A portion of it was offered for sale in the Landed Estates' Court in January 1877. Robert Jones Saunderson Lloyd offered lands in the barony of Leitrim for sale in the Land Judges' Court in June 1884. The Irish Times reported the adjournment of the sale due to absence of bidding. James Stuart Lloyd had an estate at Ardagh, county Sligo and his only daughter, Hester, married Richard Graves Brinkley of Fortland, Easkey.