- Walter Henry Mansfield was among the principal lessors in the parish of Rathgormuck at the time of Griffith's Valuation in 1850. Rathgormuck was formerly the property of his mother's family, the Woulfes of Carrick on Suir. G.L.P. Mansfield held townlands in the parish of Clashmore, barony of Decies-within-Drum at that time. George Patrick Lattin Mansfield had offered over 800 acres of his estate in the barony of Decies-without-Drum for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court in 1851. The original 1770s lease was from the Osborne estate to John Fowler. The Freeman's Journal reported that the purchaser was Denis Keeffe, for over £5600.
The representatives of Miss Mansfield were lessors in the parish of Modelligo, barony of Decies-without-Drum. By the 1870s, the estate held by the representatives of Capt. Walter Mansfield amounted to over 1200 acres in county Waterford while G.L.P. Mansfield, with an address in county Kildare, owned over 700 acres.
Woulfe (Carrick on Suir)
- Walter Woulfe held property in the Carrick on Suir locality of county Tipperary in the late 18th century. In some documents Walter Woulfe's address is given as Lodge, Waterford.The Woulfe estates were located at Carrick-on-Suir in county Tipperary and Rathgormuck in county Waterford. Walter Woulfe succeeded to them through his mother Mary Power, after the decease of his uncles Nicholas and Thomas Power. In 1785 Walter's daughter Elizabeth married John Mansfield and this couple succeeded to the Woulfe estates. John Mansfield died in 1817 and the Woulfe estate passed to his younger son Walter Henry Mansfield and this estate is well documented in the Mansfield Papers. The Woulfes were also connected through marriage with the Ryans of Inch. The estate papers of the Ryans also refer to the Woulfes.