Maher (Turtulla & Tullamaine)
- Nicholas Valentine Maher of Turtualla was buried in St Mary's graveyard, Thurles, county Tipperary, in 1871. He was the son of Thomas Maher of Cashel and his wife, Margaret Maher of Loughmore. In 1844 he succeeded to the estate of his cousin Valentine Maher of Turtulla, Member of Parliament for county Tipperary. At the time of Griffith's Valuation his estate was mainly in the parishes of Fertiana, Thurles and Twomileborris, barony of Eliogarty. Valentine's older brother, John, resided at Tullamaine Castle and died childless in 1850. He held land in various baronies in county Tipperary but mainly in the barony of Eliogarty. Nicholas Valentine also died without descendants in 1871. Property belonging to Nicholas Valentine Maher in the suburbs of Carrick on Suir was advertised for sale in May 1856. Hussey records the "late" Nicholas Valentine Maher of Turtulla as the owner of 4,452 acres in county Tipperary. In the 1880s Bateman refers to "Mrs.Maher" of Turtulla as the owner of over 4400 acres in county Tipperary. Parts of the Maher estate were held by the representatives of Lorenzo John Smith in 1906.
- In the 1870s the representatives of E.V. Smith of France owned 1,312 acres and John L. Smith of France owned 4,534 acres in county Tipperary. Location and references suggest that the Smiths were related to the Mahers and possibly to the Countess De Boisi. Burke's Irish Family Records records the marriage of Marianne Maher sister of John Maher of Tullamaine Castle and Valentine of Turtulla
to Edmund Smyth. A reference in the book ''Some Historical Notices of the O'Meaghers of Ikerrin'' states that she married Lorenzo Smith. The Countess De Boisi of Paris and Lary John Smyth also of Paris owned 2,502 acres in county Clare, 1,547 acres in county Limerick and 364 acres in county Tipperary in the 1870s. Lorenzo John Smith held 136 acres of untenanted land at Turtulla in 1906 and the representatives of Lorenzo J. Smith held over 400 acres of untenanted land at Ballybeg, parish of Twomileborris, barony of Eliogarty, county Tipperary, which was previously part of the Maher estate. Griffith's Valuation records a Lawrence Smith holding land in the parish of Kilvemnon, barony of Slievardagh, county Tipperary.
- By the 1870s, Henry Maynard Harding, a lieutenant in the 7th Foot, had either bought or was leasing Tullamaine Castle, county Tipperary, possibly from the Mahers. In 1860 he married Lucy Louisa Holroyde, only daughter of C. K. Magrath of Tralee. They had at least two sons, Morgan Holroyd Maynard Harding and Major Charles Henry Harding. In 1904, the latter married Patience Davies Gilbert and succeeded to an estate in Sussex belonging to that family. In the mid 1870s Henry Maynard Harding owned 232 acres in county Tipperary and in 1880 the sale of Tullamaine was advertised.