- At the end of the 17th century the Earl of Clancarthy's estates which comprised most of Muskerry, county Cork, were confiscated because he had supported the Jacobite cause. The Hollow Sword Blade Company purchased much of the forfeited McCarthy lands around Blarney. Lewis writes that over 3,000 acres was allotted to a member of the Company and in 1837 these lands were held by his descendant George Putland. However the Parliamentary Papers refer to Thomas Putland's purchase of over 1,500 acres of the manor of Blarney, barony of Muskerry in April 1703 for £4,070, from the trustees for the sale of forfeited estates. Thomas Putland also purchased part of the estate of Dominick Sarsfield at Sarsfield's Court, barony of Barrymore and lands in the barony of Fermoy, formerly part of the estate of Sir Richard Nagle. Burke's "Landed Gentry" (1886) records the 1738 marriage of John Putland of Dublin and Catherine daughter and eventual co heiress of Sir Emanuel Moore of Ross Carbery, county Cork. Their grandson Charles Putland of Bray, county Wicklow, held an estate in county Cork located in the parishes of Garrycloyne and Matehy, barony of East Muskerry and Templeusque, barony of Barrymore, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In the 1870s his county Cork estate amounted to over 4,500 acres. He also owned much smaller estates in counties Tipperary and Wicklow. Part of the lands of Ballygibbeen, barony of East Muskerry, leased to Michael Cremin by George Putland in 1830, was advertised for sale in March 1872.
Putland & Hulse
- In the mid 19th century Mrs. Putland and Sir Charles Hulse jointly held a large estate in the parish of Kilgrant, barony of Iffa and Offa East, county Tipperary with additional lands in the parishes of Rathronan and St Mary's Clonmel. Mrs. Putland was the widow of George Putland of Bray Head, county Wicklow. George Putland died in 1841 and she died in 1857. They had no children. He was succeeded by his brother, Charles Putland. In the 1870s Sir Edward Hulse of London owned 653 acres in county Tipperary. In November 1876 the fee simple estates of approximately 640 acres of the trustees of Sir Edward Hulse near the town of Clonmel were advertised for sale. The unsold part were readvertised for sale on 5 July 1882.