- A Quaker family established in Clonmel by the end of the 17th century, who later became involved in banking. William Vaughan Riall of Clonmel married Mary, daughter of John Bagwell in 1727. Their son, Phineas Riall of Heywood, county Tipperary had three sons, William of Annerville, Charles of Heywood and Old Conna, county Dublin and Phineas. Power writes that in 1778 the Riall family of Clonmel purchased the 900 acres of land in the barony of Middlethird bought by the Bagwells from Lord Dunboyne in 1729 and this was the beginning of their establishment as landowners. In the mid 19th century the Riall estate was mainly in the parishes of Knockgraffon, barony of Middlethird, Derrygrath and Caher, barony of Iffa and Offa West but also in the parishes of Kiltegan and St Mary's Clonmel, barony of Iffa and Offa East. George Riall held land in the parishes of Killenaule, barony of Slievardagh and Aghnameadle, barony of Upper Ormond and in November 1854 his estate at Coologue, 226 acres in the barony of Upper Ormond was advertised for sale. The original lease was from Thomas Spunner to Charles Ryall in 1782. In the 1870s John Riall of Haywood, Clonmel, owned 1,998 acres and William A. Riall of Annerville, Clonmel, owned 1,616 acres in county Tipperary.