- In 1837 Lewis refers to the flour mills owned by Mr Creed at Kilmallock, county Limerick. At the time of Griffith's Valuation William and Francis Creed held land in the parishes of Tankardstown and Uregare, barony of Coshma, county Limerick. Charles Creed also held land from the Tuthills at Ballinstona North, parish of Uregare. In the 1870s William Creed of Mount Street, Dublin, owned 430 acres in the county. The Honourable Mr Justice James Creed Meredith K.C., LL.D. (1875 - 1942) President of the Irish Supreme Court, Chief Judicial Commissioner of Ireland was a descendant of James Creed of Uregare. The Creed family also held property in counties Cork and Louth. In the mid 19th century Emily Creed held land in the parish of Knockmourne, barony of Barrymore, county Cork. Charles Creed of Ballymurphy, Fermoy, owned 526 acres in county Cork in the 1870s.
At the same time Richard Creed of Cloyne House, Cloyne, owned 370 acres in county Cork and 891 acres in county Tipperary.
Crooke (Co Cork)
- Thomas Crooke and John Bayly were jointly granted 1,791 acres in the barony of Muskerry, county Cork, in 1666 and in the same year agreed a division of the granted lands. By the 19th century the Crooke family were holding land in the Macroom area of county Cork. At the time of Griffith's Valuation William Crooke occupied a steward's house, valued at £5+ in the townland of Killinardrish which he held from Sir Augustus Warren. He also held land in the parishes of Donaghmore, barony of Barretts and Inishcarra, barony of East Muskerry while Thomas E. Crooke held land in the parish of Whitechurch, barony of Barretts. The latter was the townland of Slievedotia which was sold to Richard Martin Meredith in 1857. 157 acres at Classas and Keel in the barony of East Muskerry, the estate of William Crooke and Thomas Epinentus Crooke was advertised for sale in April 1854. Lands in the barony of East Muskerry including Kilcondy, the estate of Thomas Epintus Crooke were advertised for sale in June 1860. In the 1870s Thomas E. Crooke of Aghavrin owned 298 acres, Warren G. Crooke of Oldtown, Coachford, owned 360 acres and Wareen Crooke MD of Sunnyside, Macroom, owned 66 acres in county Cork. Warren Gillman Crooke of Oldtown married Elizabeth Poole Beamish of Kilmalooda, county Cork and they had a son Thomas Evans Beamish Crooke (born 1871), who was living at Oldtown in 1910. Lieutenant Colonel Sir Warren Rowland Crooke-Lawless was a son of Dr Crooke and his wife Elizabeth Pyne.
- Richard Martin Meredith, son of Ralph Meredith, bought the townland of Slievedotia, parish of Whitechurch, barony of Barretts, county Cork in 1857 [from Thomas E. Crooke]. He married Adelaide Creed and they were the grandparents of James Creed Meredith (1875-1942), a distinguished Irish judge of the early 20th century. In the 1870s James Creed Meredith of Dublin owned 38 acres in county Cork