- At the end of the 17th century the Earl of Clancarthy's estates which comprised most of Muskerry, county Cork, were confiscated because he had supported the Jacobite cause. The Hollow Sword Blade Company purchased much of the forfeited McCarthy lands around Blarney. Lewis writes that over 3,000 acres was allotted to a member of the Company and in 1837 these lands were held by his descendant George Putland. However the Parliamentary Papers refer to Thomas Putland's purchase of over 1,500 acres of the manor of Blarney, barony of Muskerry in April 1703 for £4,070, from the trustees for the sale of forfeited estates. Thomas Putland also purchased part of the estate of Dominick Sarsfield at Sarsfield's Court, barony of Barrymore and lands in the barony of Fermoy, formerly part of the estate of Sir Richard Nagle. Burke's "Landed Gentry" (1886) records the 1738 marriage of John Putland of Dublin and Catherine daughter and eventual co heiress of Sir Emanuel Moore of Ross Carbery, county Cork. Their grandson Charles Putland of Bray, county Wicklow, held an estate in county Cork located in the parishes of Garrycloyne and Matehy, barony of East Muskerry and Templeusque, barony of Barrymore, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In the 1870s his county Cork estate amounted to over 4,500 acres. He also owned much smaller estates in counties Tipperary and Wicklow. Part of the lands of Ballygibbeen, barony of East Muskerry, leased to Michael Cremin by George Putland in 1830, was advertised for sale in March 1872.
Moore (Ross Carbery)
- Emanuel Moore was created a baronet in 1681. He had been granted 336 acres in 1667 and 218 acres in 1679 in the barony of Carbery, county Cork. His son Sir William Moore was Member of Parliament for Bandon, county Cork. This family appear to have been landowners in the Ross Carbery locality in the early 18th century but were living in the "direst need" by the 1880s according to the death notice of Sir Richard Emanuel Moore, 10th Baronet in the ''Illustrated London News'' (8 July 1882, p. 50).