Moore (Moore Hall)
- An estate in the parishes of Ballintober, Ballyovey and Burriscarra in the barony of Carra, county Mayo, held by the Moore family, formerly of Ashbrook, parish of Templemore, barony of Gallen and Alicante, Spain. The Moores, who were Catholic, bought their Moore Hall property from the McDonnells and their Ballintober and Ballyovey estates from the Blakes in the early 1790s. They built a large house, which was burnt down during the Civil War. The Ballintober and Ballyovey estates were advertised for sale in 1854. The Ballyovey estate was bought by Lord Thomas Plunket, Bishop of Tuam, Killala and Achonry. The Moores managed to keep most of the Ballintober estate. In the 1870s George Augustus Moore owned 12,371 acres in county Mayo and 110 acres in county Roscommon. Most of the Moorehall estate was sold to the Congested Districts' Board in 1912. John Moore, elected President of the Republic of Connaught in 1798, George Henry Moore,supporter of tenant right, and George Augustus Moore, author, were all members of this family.
- A junior branch of the Moores of Moorehall held an estate in the parish of Toomore, barony of Gallen, county Mayo, from the Steele family, baronets, on leases renewable for ever dated 1774 and 1782. In May 1854 Charles Arthur Moore sold his estate of 2463 acres in the Encumbered Estates' Court.