Eyre/Hedges Eyre (Galway)
- Richard Hedges Eyre of Macroom Castle and Mount Hedges, county Cork, married Frances Browne, daughter of the 2nd Viscount Kenmare. In 1777 their daughter Helena married Reverend George Maunsell, Dean of Leighlin. Their second son, Robert Hedges Eyre Maunsell, married his cousin, Elizabeth Dorothea, daughter and co heiress of Thomas Maunsell of Plassey, county Limerick. Reverend Maunsell's fourth son married Lady Catherine Hare, daughter of the 1st Earl of Listowel and their eldest son, Reverend Robert Hedges Maunsell, assumed the additional name of Eyre when he succeeded to some of the estates of his great uncle Robert Hedges Eyre. In the early 19th century the Hedges Eyre family had property in county Cork and lived at Macroom Castle. In 1852 the Hedges Eyre family advertised for sale a large amount of property in the town and county of the town of Galway, also townlands in the baronies of Tiaquin, Longford and Leitrim. Much of their estate was bought by a Mr Ashworth. The estate of Robert Hedges Eyre White and Reverend Robert Hedges Maunsell Eyre, devisees of Robert Hedges Eyre, in the baronies of Slievardagh and Middlethird, county Tipperary, was advertised for sale in November 1854. In the 1870s Reverend Robert Hedges Maunsell Eyre of Innishannon, county Cork, owned 223 acres in county Galway and 539 acres in county Cork.
- Richard Hedges of Macroom Castle and Mount Hedges, county Cork, married Mary Eyre and had a son, Richard Hedges Eyre who married Helena Herbert of Muckross, county Kerry. In 1760 their daughter, Frances Jane, married Simon White of Bantry. They were the parents of Richard White created 1st Earl of Bantry in 1816. When Robert Hedges Eyre died without heirs his estates were divided and the second son of the Ist Earl of Bantry inherited the Macroom estate. William Henry White Hedges succeeded his brother as 3rd Earl of Bantry in 1868. The Hedges Macroom estate was mainly in the parish of Macroom and included much of the town. In the 1870s the Earl of Bantry owned 69,500 acres in county Cork while Robert H. White of Glengarriff owned over 16,000 acres, Lady Sarah White of London owned 993 acres and John Hamilton White owned 2,113 acres. The title Earl of Bantry became extinct in 1891 on the death of the 4th Earl. By March 1916 an offer from the Congested Districts' Board had been accepted for 61,589 tenanted acres of the estate of Edward Egerton Leigh White, who had inherited the estate through his mother, the eldest sister of the last Earl of Bantry. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Robert H. White held townlands in the parish of Liscleary, barony of Kerrycurrihy. The Earl of Bantry's estate was among the principal lessors in the parishes of Fanlobbus, barony of East Carbery, Kilcaskan, Kilcatherine, Killaconenagh and Kilnamanagh, barony of Bear and Durrus and Kilmocomoge, barony of Bantry at the same time. In November 1853, over 33,000 acres of the Bantry estate in the baronies of East Carbery, Bantry and Bere, were offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court. A separate sale notice at the same time relates to the sale of Bere Island and includes a a geological survey produced by Dr. Whitty. The Freeman's Journal reported details of the purchasers. The sale realised over £20,000. Lord Charles Pelham Clinton bought the Bere Island estate of 4,377 acres and over 5,700 acres around Berehaven. In December 1852, over 6000 acres of fee farm and fee simple property belonging to members of the White family and others, were offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court. The Freeman's Journal provides details of the purchaser.
Premises in the town of Bantry, including Bayview House, in the ownership of members of the White family and others, were offered for sale in the Court in October 1854. The estate of Robert Hedges Eyre White, Reverend Robert Hedges Maunsell Eyre devisees of Robert Hedges Eyre, comprised of 2,273 acres in the baronies of Slievardagh and Middlethird, county Tipperary, was advertised for sale in November 1854. Griffith's Valuation records the county Tipperary estate as located in the parishes of Grangemockler, Kilvemnon and Modeshil, barony of Slievardagh and Drangan, barony of Middlethird.
- Lord Charles Pelham Clinton was the second son of Henry P. Clinton, 4th Duke of Newcastle, Clumber Park, Nottinghamshire . Lord Clinton was Member of Parliament for Sandwich. Prendergast writes in his letter (7 Oct 1854) to the Earl of Bantry that Lord Charles Pelham Clinton bought the 4,377 acre estate of Bere Island and the 5,788 acre estate of Berehaven on the mainland, both of which were advertised for sale in the Encumbered Estates' Court on 25 November 1853, believing them to be unencumbered. He was among the principal lessors in the parish of Kilmoe, West Carbery, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In the parliamentary return of 1876 Lord C.P. Clinton is recorded as the owner of 4,563 acres in county Cork, while Hussey records him as the owner of 13,563 acres in the county in 1878.