- The Ellards were established at Newtown from at least the mid 18th century. In 1839 Richard Ellard married Rebecca Charlotte Lindsey of Peake, Coachford. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Richard Ellard held an estate in the parishes of Doon, Oola and Tuoghcluggin, barony of Coonagh, county Limerick and in the parish of Cannaway, barony of East Muskerry, county Cork. His daughter, Sophia Ellard, held land in the parish of Kilbonane, barony of East Muskerry at the same time. In 1858 Sophia married Richard St George Mansergh. Richard Oliver Ellard of Newtown Ellard, Pallasgreen owned 865 acres in county Limerick and 244 acres in county Cork in the 1870s. The ''New York Times'' of 7 November 1882 refers to the marriage of a Miss Ellard, proprietor of the Newtown Ellard estate and a Mr Sheehy of the Royal Irish Constabulary. see www.radleysofcork.bigpondhosting.com
A Mrs Ellard held land in the parish of Twomileborris, barony of Eliogarty, county Tipperary, in the mid 19th century.