- Burke's "Landed Gentry of Ireland" (1912) records members of the Dickson family living at Ballyhonogue, Clonshire and Ballynaguile, county Limerick in the 18th century. Stephen Dickson and his wife Mary Lane had six sons. The youngest son, Samuel Dickson of Ballynaguille, married twice. The only child of his first marriage was a daughter who married Richard Power of Munroe, county Tipperary. The Power family succeeded the Dicksons at Clonshire. In 1775 Samuel married secondly Mary Norris of Limerick city and they had at least ninne children. Their eldest son Stephen was a barrister and Commissioner of Bankrupts and he bought the county Limerick estate of the Dillons of Clonbrock in 1831 amounting to about 3,000 acres. The Ordnance Survey Name Books record the representatives of Stephen Dickson, Limerick, holding lands in the parishes of Dunmoylan, Loughill, Kilmoylan and Shanagolden, barony of Shanid and Kilmurry, barony of Clanwilliam. Stephen Dickson died unmarried in 1839 and his estate appears to have been dispersed among a number of his brothers and nephews. Stephen Dickson's brothers, Reverend Richard Dickson and Major General William Dickson, were his only male siblings who married and had children. In the early 1850s Reverend Richard Dickson of Vermount, Clarina, county Limerick, held townlands in the parishes of Dunmoylan, barony of Shanid, Fedamore, barony of Smallcounty, Kilkeedy, barony of Pubblebrien and Doon, barony of Coonagh. He was agent to the Barker estate in county Limerick in the early 19th century. He married Anne, daughter of Sir James Chatterton, 1st Baronet, and had a son, Samuel Frederick Dickson of Mulcair and Creaves, who owned a county Limerick estate of 2,540 acres in the 1870s. Samuel F. Dickson's brother, Reverend William Richard Dickson of Berkshire, owned a further 1,150 acres in county Limerick. Their sister, Rebecca Caroline, married Reverend William Francis Maunsell of the Spa Hill family and rector of Kildimo. Reverend Maunsell's only son, Colonel William Maunsell, assumed the surname Dickson in 1900 and succeeded to the estates of his uncle S.F. Dickson. He married his first cousin, Frances Maunsell and they had four daughters. Colonel Dickson had addresses at Kildimo House, county Limerick and Bournemouth, England in 1910. This family's surname is often spelt "Dixon" in contemporary official records.
- William Ponsonby Barker held estates in four counties in the 19th century. The Barkers acquired their Kilcooley Abbey estate, county Tipperary, through the marriage of Elizabeth Alexander and William Barker in the late 17th century. William Barker was granted over 3,300 acres in the barony of Pubblebrien, county Limerick in 1667 and over 1,300 acres in county Tipperary in 1678. He was also an estate of over 6,000 acres in county Down at this time. He was created a baronet in 1676. Sir William Barker, 3rd Baronet, married Mary, daughter of Valentine Quin of Adare, county Limerick and it was their grandson, Chambré Brabazon Ponsonby, who inherited the Barker estates and assumed the name Barker. At the time of Griffith’s Valuation the son of C.B. Ponsonby, William P. Barker, held an estate in county Limerick in the parishes of Croom and Kilkeedy, barony of Pubblebrien. His agents were the Reverend Richard Dickson of Vermont, county Limerick in the 1820s and 1830s and Robert Mason of Kilcooly in the 1840s. His county Tipperary estate was mainly located in the parish of Kilcooly, barony of Slievardagh but it was also situated in the parishes of Caher, barony of Iffa and Offa West and Kilmurry, barony of Iffa and Offa East, Modeshil and Mowney, barony of Slievardagh. His brother, Captain T. Ponsonby, held land in the parishes of Graystown and Modeshil, barony of Slievardagh. In the 1870s William P. Barker owned 8,184 acres in county Tipperary, 3,426 acres in county Limerick, 3,260 acres in county Kilkenny and 329 acres in county Kildare. In 1877 William Ponsonby Barker was succeeded by his brother, Thomas Henry Ponsonby, whose estate of over 2,200 acres in the baronies of Iffa and Offa West, Slievardagh and Eliogarty, county Tipperary and in counties Kilkenny and Dublin, was advertised for sale in June 1878.