- The McDermotts owned Cloongee in the parish of Templemore, barony of Gallen, and also a townland in the parish of Annagh, barony of Costello, county Mayo, bought from Harloe Phibbs Baker in 1851. Standish O'Grady McDermott is recorded as the owner of 693 acres in 1876. He married a daughter of John Ogle Evans of Belgarrow and their son, Owen Leonard McDermott, still resided at Cloongee in 1910. By March 1916 he had accepted a final offer from the Congested Districts' Board for the purchase of his estate.
- In the early 18th century the Evans family settled in Ballinrobe, barony of Kilmaine, county Mayo, but by the middle of the century had moved to Dublin. In the 19th century the main branch of the family was established at Rockfield, county Westmeath. In the 1830s the Evans' county Mayo estate was mainly in the parish of Killasser, barony of Gallen and may have come into the possession of the family following the marriage of Francis Evans with a daughter of John Gardiner of Farmhill, barony of Tirawley. The house, Dove Hall, also known as Belgarrow or Belgarriff House, was situated on their estate and was leased to a Mr Strogen in the early 19th century. A new house was built in the early 1870s before the sale of the Evans' estates in counties Westmeath, Monaghan and Mayo. Standish O'Grady McDermott of Cloongee, parish of Templemore, barony of Gallen was agent to his father-in-law, John Ogle Evans. Portions of the latter's estate were sold in the Landed Estates Court in July 1873 and June 1874. The purchasers included John McGloin, Henry Joynt and Mr. Lynet.
- William Malley owned an estate in the parish of Kildacommoge, barony of Gallen, county Mayo and appears to have bought the interest of the McDonnells in a 1758 lease of lands in the parish of Turlough, barony of Carra, from George FitzGerald of Rockfield. His widow sold his landed interests in the Landed Estates' Court in May 1864. The sale was originally advertised in April 1863 but there were no bidders.
- An estate at Cloongee, parish of Templemore, barony of Gallen, county Mayo was granted to the Moores of Ashbrook in 1715 by Charles O'Hara, Lord Tyrawley who appears to have bought Cloongee from a William Moore, purchaser of the forfeited estate of Captain Henry O'Neile in 1703. By the mid 19th century the lease of 693 acres was held by Harloe Phibbs Baker, who sold his interest in the Encumbered Estates' Court in October 1851 to the McDermotts.
- Harloe Phibbs Baker and his wife Maria held the townland of Cloongee in the parish of Templemore, barony of Gallen, county Mayo, on a renewable lease from the Gores, which they sold in the early 1850s to the McDermotts. They also had an interest in the lands of Ballymacgibbon North and Dowagh in the parish of Cong, barony of Kilmaine, which they sold in 1859.