Lysaght/MacLysaght (Hazlewood & Raheen)
- The MacLysaght or Lysaght family were mainly located in county Clare in the 17th century. In 1749 William Lysaght of Shandangan, county Clare, married Elizabeth Knight of Ballynoe, county Cork, and they had a "pretty little thatched cottage" at Clogheen, parish of Caherduggan, county Cork. Their eldest son, William Lysaght of Fort William, Doneraile, county Cork, married Catherine Royse of Ballinvirig, county Limerick, in 1791. In 1819 William Lysaght, eldest son of William and Catherine, married Frances, daughter of William Atkins of Fountainville and Hazlewood, county Cork. It was by this marriage that the Lysaghts acquired Hazlewood. At the time of Griffith's Valuation William Lysaght held an estate in the parish of Caherduggan, barony of Fermoy. [The representatives of William Lysaght held almost 2,000 acres at Meentinny East and West, parish of Clonfert, barony of Duhallow, at the same time]. His main tenants were James Foote, Tim Hennessy and Reverend Freeman Crofts. In June 1863 the estate of Henry Lysaght at Clogheen and Neewtown, barony of Fermoy, amounting to 568 acres, was advertised for sale and the Croft interest in Clogheen was offered for sale in 1870. In the 1870s William Lysaght of Hazlewood owned 2,252 acres in county Cork. William's second son, Sidney Royse Lysaght, bought Raheen and 600 acres near Scarriff, county Clare in 1908. He built new entrance gates to the house and put on a new roof. S. R. Lysaght was the father of Edward MacLysaght (1887-1986), the well known genealogist and Chief Herald. In June 1876 the estate of James Lysaght [third son of William and Catherine Lysaght], at Cloongown, barony of Duhallow and Lodge, barony of Fermoy, county Cork and at Ballyrobin, barony of Clanwilliam, county Tipperary, was advertised for sale. The Irish Times reported the sale of some lots to James Creed Meredith, Reverend J. Sullivan (Tullyease House, Charleville) and James Delacour. Colonel Grove White's notes contain a large amount of Lysaght family history.
- The Royse family were resident in the Nantinan parish of county Limerick from the early 18th century. The Reverend Thomas Royse was rector of the parish in 1743 when the abduction of Frances Ingoldsby by Hugh Massey took place. Frances was residing in his house at the time of her abduction. In the mid 19th century the Royse estate was mainly in the parish of Nantinan, barony of Connello Lower and also in the parishes of Loghill and Shanagolden, barony of Shanid, county Limerick. The Nantenan estate of 1,863 acres was advertised for sale in June 1853 with houses in Galway and Waterford towns. The Freeman's Journal gives details of the purchasers. The Misses Royce of Ballinvyrick owned 2,689 acres in the county in the 1870s. In 1871 Ina Royse of Ballinvirick married George Caulfield of Copsewood.
- Lieutenant John White of Belmont, Castle Connell and Nantenan, county Limerick, was a younger son of Jasper White and Helen Creagh. According to Caleb Powell John White made a fortune in Jamaica as a sugar planter, returning to Ireland in the 1830s. At the time of Griffith's Valuation he held land in parishes of Caherconlish, barony of Clanwilliam, Ballingarry and Kilmeedy, barony of Connello Upper and Dromin, barony of Coshma, county Limerick. The Nantinan estate of the Royse family was advertised for sale in 1853 and the house and 145 acres were purchased by John White for £3,800. In May 1862 523 acres at Drumsallagh, county Clare, leased by John White of Belmont to Edward Bernard in 1853 were advertised for sale in the Landed Estates' Court, with some Limerick city property. In the 1870s his son John Patrick White of Nantenan owned 2,447 acres in county Limerick. John P. White and his wife Emily MacMahon of Stonehall, county Clare, had seven children. When their grandson John Joseph White died in 1940 the estate passed to a cousin, Martin William Helenus White.