- This Bourke family held the estate of Holywell in the parish of Annagh, barony of Costello, county Mayo from the Dillon-Browne family of Glencorrib, parish of Shrule, barony of Kilmaine, Co Mayo. The Holywell and Glencorrib estates were advertised for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court on 5 Nov 1850 and 28 Jan 1851. Hugh Bourke of Holywell still held 548 acres in 1876.
- According to Burke's Landed Gentry the Higgins or O'Higgins family had been extensive landowners in Connacht until they lost their estates under Cromwell.
Their estates were partially restored in the reign of Charles II but lost again at the end of the 17th century following the death of Colonel Hugh O'Higgins at the siege of Athlone in 1690. His widow and son Charles settled at Moyna, Co Mayo, part of the estate of the Brownes of Westport. In 1749 Charles Higgins, grandson of the previously mentioned Charles, married Mary Fitzgerald of Turlough, Castlebar. The Higgins family continued to hold property in the town of Westport from the Marquessess of Sligo in the 19th century. One member of the family Charles Fitzgerald Higgins went bankrupt in the mid 1850s. In 1866 he sold his property at Streamstown, parish of Oughaval, which he held from the Earl of Lucan. In 1851 the Higgins family bought part of the Glencorrib estate, which was sold by Arthur Dillon Browne following the death of his father Robert in 1850 and the townland of Ballynalty from the sale of the Cannon estate by John Fair. Like Robert Dillon Browne, George Gore Ouseley Higgins represented county Mayo in Parliament. He died in 1874 and after the death in 1903 of his sister, a nun in the Ursuline Convent, Cork, the estate was inherited by his cousin, General John Palmer Brabazon, a member of the Brabazon family of Brabazon Park, Swinford. It was sold in 1921 to the Land Commission.
Tighe (The Heath)
- Robert Tighe was a prosperous merchant of Ballinrobe, barony of Kilmainemore, county Mayo, in the mid 19th century who bought lands for sale in the Encumbered Estates' Court. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Robert Tighe held three townlands in the parish of Kilmainemore, barony of Kilmaine, county Mayo, previously part of the estate of Arthur Browne of Glencorrib, parish of Shrule, and one townland in parish of Crossboyne, barony of Clanmorris, bought from the Blakes of Merlin Park. He held a townland in the parish of Templetogher, barony of Ballymoe, county Galway, in the mid 1850s. In 1863 Tighe bought The Heath from the Blakes. His first wife was Catherine, daughter of Thomas Kelly, and their eldest son, Thomas, was Member of Parliament for county Mayo in 1874. In 1875 he married Marie Antionette Dolphin of Danesfort, county Galway. By 1876 members of the Tighe family owned more than 2,000 acres in county Mayo and 1,025 acres in county Galway. Part of the Tighe's county Mayo estate was sold to the Congested Districts' Board in May 1906. 593 acres belonging to Thomas Tighe in county Galway were vested in the Congested Districts' Board on 26 April 1907. Robert Dolphin Tighe is recorded as the owner of over 340 acres of untenanted demesne land and a mansion house valued at £15 at Lisduff, Loughrea, in 1906.
- In 1788 Robert Fair of Ballyjennings, parish of Kilmainemore, county Mayo, was leasing lands from a number of landlords including the farm of Toocananagh, near the village of Bohola, barony of Gallen, from Denis Daly; Ballyjennings and adjacent lands from Christopher Bowen of Hollymount and Ellistronbeg or Fortville from the Brownes of Glencorrib. He also had a share in a lease of the lands of Island, parish of Bekan, barony of Costello, from Francis Knox of Rappa. By 1809 he was able to buy the lands of Creggagh near Foxford from James Daly of Dunsandle, county Galway. It is likely that the Elizabeth Fair, who married Thomas Ruttledge of Bloomfield and Bushfield, was his sister. Two of his sons, John of Creggagh and Robert of Bushfield, married daughters of David Ruttledge of Tawnaghmore, parish of Kilbelfad, barony of Tirawley. Robert died in 1837 and left all his freehold property to his third son, Thomas of Fortville and later of Millmount, county Galway. His second son, Robert Fair of Carravilla and Bushfield, prospered and by the time of Griffith's Valuation had land in the parishes of Kilcommon, Kilmainemore and Robeen, barony of Kilmaine, Crossboyne and Mayo, barony of Clanmorris, county Mayo and barony of Ross, county Galway. He purchased in the Encumbered Estates' Court, parts of the estates of the Dillon-Brownes of Glencorrib, Marquess of Sligo, Henry Martin Blake of The Heath and Lord Oranmore and Browne. He had an only daughter, Jane, who married Thomas Ruttledge of Bloomfield. In 1876 Mrs Ruttledge Fair owned 2765 acres in county Mayo and 2799 acres in county Galway. Most of the Fair's estate was vested in the Congested Districts' Board on 29 May 1913.
- A branch of the Browne family of the Neale, barony of Kilmaine, county Mayo, settled near the village of Kilmaine and were generally known as of 'Ellistron' in the 18th century. In 1681 Valentine Browne was granted over 2,000 acres in the baronies of Kilmaine, Carra, Gallen and Tirawley, county Mayo with lands in counties Galway and Clare. In the 18th century the main part of the estate was in the parishes of Kilmainemore and Shrule. Two of the townlands belonging to them in the parish of Shrule, Mocorha and Bunnafollistran, had been sold to Sir Walter Blake in September 1699 by the trustees for the sale of the estate of Colonel John Browne of Westport. Robert Browne of Ellistron, parish of Kilmainemore, had a son Arthur who lived at Turin in the early 19th century. By the time of the first Ordnance Survey the Brownes were living at Glencorrib in the parish of Shrule. The last member of the family to reside at Glencorrib was Robert Dillon Browne, Member of Parliament and well known duellist, who sold the Browne estate in the barony of Kilmaine and the Holywell estate in the barony of Costello, county Mayo, in the early 1850s. The Glencorrib estate was bought by the Higgins family of Westport and James D.Meldon and the Kilmaine lands by Robert Tighe and Robert Fair. In 1882 over 150 acres in the baron of Longford, county Galway, the property of Arthur and Anne Dillon-Browne was offered for sale in the Land Judges court. In July 1882 the Irish Times reported that the Court had been informed that the tenants on the estate were willing to offer a total of £1106 to buy the property but that the owner sought a bid of up to £3000. The sale was adjourned.
- At the time of the first Ordnance Survey the Brannicks were leasing land from David Watson Ruttledge in the parish of Robeen and from Arthur Browne in the parish of Shrule, both in the barony of Kilmaine, county Mayo. The Brannick family owned Annefield in the 20th century.
- James Dillon Meldon, a Dublin lawyer, bought part of the Glencorrib estate of Arthur Dillon Browne, parish of Shrule, barony of Kilmaine, county Mayo in 1851 and the townland of Garryduff Middle from the sale of Lord Oranmore and Browne's estate in the parish of Crossboyne, barony of Clanmorris. He also bought the Belmont estate, parish of Liskeevy, barony of Dunmore from the Blakes in 1852 as well as other properties near Tuam, county Galway. These included some of the remaining estate of the Brownes of Coolarne in the parishes of Athenry and Lackagh, barony of Clare and the Blake estate at Oranmore, barony of Dunkellin. He planted many trees on this property. In 1876 he owned 886 acres in county Mayo, 4,867 acres in county Galway and small acreages in counties Dublin and Kildare.