- Thomas Evans Davenport is recorded as holding lands in both counties Clare and Limerick in the mid 19th century. These lands were in the parish of Kilchreest, barony of Burren, county Clare and in the parish of Iveruss, barony of Kenry, county Limerick. The Ordnance Survey Name Books record Thomas Davenport of Ballynacourty as agent to the Earl of Clare. In 1820 he married Jane Nihill and they had a son, Dixon Davenport. Their daughter, Prudence, married Dudley O'Grady of Ballynort, county Limerick. In the 1870s Dixon Davenport of Ballynacourty or his representatives of Prospect Lodge, Tralee, county Kerry owned 663 acres in county Clare and 269 in county Limerick. In the early 20th century Rowland B. Davenport owned Burren House, a late 19th century house built on Davenport land in county Clare. The estate of the trustees of the will of Tyrrell Evans Davenport at Cappanageragh (310 acres), barony of Islands, county Clare, was advertised for sale in June 1872. The Irish Times reported that it was purchased by the tenants. Part of the lands of Ballynacourty and an interest in lands in the barony of Coonagh, the estate of Rowland Bateman Davenport and Elizabeth Agnes Davenport, minors, was advertised for sale in November 1878.
- The FitzGibbon family were established at Ballysheedy, county Limerick, from the mid 18th century. In 1795 John FitzGibbon, 1st Viscount FitzGibbon, Lord Chancellor of Ireland, was created Earl of Clare. He was succeeded by two of his sons as 2nd and 3rd Earls. In 1826 the 2nd Earl married Elizabeth Burrell, daughter of Peter, 1st Lord Gwydyr. The title 'Earl of Clare' became extinct in 1864 following the death of the 3rd Earl. Mount Shannon was inherited by his daughter, Lady Louisa, who owned an estate of over 10,000 acres in county Limerick and over 3,000 acres in county Tipperary in the 1870s. Lady Louisa married twice. Her husbands were Gerald N. Dillon, sixth son of Viscount Dillon, and the Marchese della Rocella. Griffith's Valuation records the Earl of Clare holding lands in the parishes of Dunmoylan Kilbradran, Kilcolman, Kilfergus, Kilmoylan, Rathronan and Shanagolden, barony of Shanid, Clonagh, barony of Connelloe Lower, Abington, Killeenagarriff and Stradbally, barony of Clanwilliam and Ballingarry and Cloncagh, barony of Connello Upper, county Limerick and Cloneen, barony of Middlethird, county Tipperary. Thomas Davenport was his agent in the 1840s. In June 1867 the estate of the trustees of the Earl's will, at Dromtrasna Harnett and Ballaghbehy North and South, parish of Abbeyfeale, barony of Glenquin, was advertised for sale. This property, amounting to 2,546 acres, was in the possession of Colonel Fitzgibbon of Ballysheedy at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Included in the sale were 91 acres in county Dublin. Members of the Harnett family were tenants on the Fitzgibbon estate in the parish of Abbeyfeale and were also among the purchasers of the Abbeyfeale lands. Other purchasers included Messers. Curtin, Sandes, Sheehy and Vereker. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the Earl of Clare held at least four townlands in the parish of Cloneen, barony of Middlethird, county Tipperary.