- In 1668 Benjamin Lucas was granted 311 acres at Lisdweene, barony of Moyarta, county Clare. Later that year Lieutenant Colonel Benjamin Lucas, a Cromwellian officer, was granted lands in the baronies of Moyarta, Corcomroe and Inchiquin amounting to about 365 acres. He settled at Mount Lucas, King's County [county Offaly] and the representatives of John Lucas of Mount Lucas, Philipstown, King's County, still owned 685 acres in county Clare in the 1870s. In 1677 Benjamin Lucas was granted a further 398 acres in the barony of Moyarta and 330 acres in barony of Inchiquin. Thomas Lucas also held land at Lismuse, parish of Killard, barony of Ibrickan, at the end of the 17th century. By the 1760s a family of Lucas were living at Loughburke, parish of Kilmaley, barony of Islands. Mary Lucas of Loughburke married William Fennell of Limerick in 1765. Kilmaley Church of Ireland registers show that Joseph Lucas of Loughburke died in 1787 and Mrs Elizabeth Lucas of Loughburke in 1810. Benjamain Lucas of Loughburke was given a game license in 1811. The Lucas family were still resident at Loughburke in 1837. Griffith's Valuation records Benjamin H. Lucas holding land in the parish of Whitechurch, barony of Iffa and Offa West, county Tipperary in the mid 19th century. The chemist and politican Charles Lucas of Ballingaddy was born in county Clare circa 1713. At the time of Griffith's Valuation John Lucas held an estate in the parishes of Abington and Clonkeen, barony of Clanwilliam, county Limerick. In the 1870s Benjamin Lucas of Maddyboy owned 694 acres in the that county.