- Maurice Sandes was one of the principal lessors in the parishes of Brosna, Ratass and Tralee, barony of Trughanacmy, at the time of Griffith's Valuation while William Sandes held several townlands in Kilgarrylander parish in the same barony. The estate of Maurice F. Sandes of Oakpark, Tralee, amounted to over 11,000 acres in the 1870s. In 1906 the Congested Districts Board reported that terms had been arranged for the purchase of lands on the Collis-Sandes estate and in 1909 the Board reported that almost 10,000 acres had been acquired from F.S. Collis-Sandes.
- Smith indicates that Lancelot Sandes was granted an estate in Kerry in 1667 under the Acts of Settlement. The estate of Charles L. Sandes was one of the principal lessors in the parish of Aghavallen, barony of Iraghticonnor, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The Ordnance Survey Name Books noted in the 1830s that he held lands from the Trinity College estates.William Sandes held several townlands in the parishes of Kilnaughtin, Knockanure and Murher, in the same barony. In 1863,1864 and 1865, over 2000 acres of William Sandes estate was offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court.
The estate of Thomas Sandes, of Sallowglen, Tarbert, amounted to over 7000 acres in the 1870s. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Charles Lancelot Sandes also held some land in the parish of Morgans, barony of Connello Lower, county Limerick. In the 1870s his son Charles Sandes of Carrigafoyle Castle and Bayview, Clontarf, county Dublin, owned 1,208 acres in county Limerick and 227 acres in county Kerry.