Lynch/Wilson Lynch (Renmore & Duras)
- A Galway family who prospered in the 18th century as merchants and bankers. Patrick M. Lynch is recorded as the lessor of several townlands in the parish of Killinny, barony of Kiltartan, county Galway in 1855, formerly part of the de Basterot estate. He was also the owner of a house in the townland of Doorus Park. Patrick Lynch is also recorded as the proprietor of townlands in the parish of Duras. His agent was James Connor, of Newtown Lynch, Kinvarra. The Lynches also held Renmore on the outskirts of Galway city from the Governors of the Erasmus Smith Schools and lands in the parish of Annaghdown, barony of Clare. Patrick Lynch married Ellen Wilson and their son John inherited his uncle's estate at Belvoir, county Clare. The family name became Wilson-Lynch. The Wilson-Lynch estate amounted to over 5000 acres in the 1870s with a further estate of over 3000 acres in county Clare. In 1906 John Wilson Lynch is recorded as the owner of about 150 acres of untenanted demesne land in the Doorus Park area where the mansion was situated.
- The Wilson family settled at Belvoir, near Sixmilebridge, county Clare, in the 18th century. Richard Wilson was agent to Sir Donat O'Brien, !st Baronet of Dromoland and Leamaneh, at the end of the 17th century and the beginning of the 18th century. By the mid 19th century their estate was centred in the parishes of Clonlea and Kilseily, barony of Tulla Lower and in the parish of Kilfinaghta, barony of Bunratty Lower. The Wilson estate passed to John Wilson Lynch of Renmore, county Galway, son of Patrick Marcus Lynch and Ellen Wilson and nephew of David Wilson. In the 1870s, John Wilson Lynch owned 3,106 acres in county Clare and almost 6,000 acres in county Galway. In January 1860 the 248 acre estate at Streamstown, Feenagh, near Sixmilebridge, of Michael Murphy and Charles Henry James (an official signee of the Court of Bankruptcy) assignees of Edward Lucius Wilson, 'deceased', was advertised for sale. This property was held under a fee farm grant from Henry O'Brien Earl of Thomond to Richard Wilson in 1712.