- In 1699 Henry O'Brien, second son of sir Donough O'Brien of Dromoland Castle, county Clare, married Susanna Stafford. The Stafford O’Briens first lived at Stonehall but later moved to Blaterwycke Park, Northamptonshire, England, a property inherited by Susanna from her father. In the 19th century family members lived at Cratloe Woods, parish of Kilfintinan, barony of Bunratty Lower, county Clare. The Stafford O'Briens had a large estate of over 11,000 acres in county Clare centred on the parishes of Clonloghan, Kilfintinan and Clooney in the baronies of Bunratty Lower and Upper and in the parishes of Dysert, Kilkeedy and Kilnamona, barony of Inchiquin and they also held townlands in the parishes of Kilconry, Templemaley, Kilchreest, Killadysert, Tulla, Kilmaley and Drumcliff. Their county Limerick estate was located in the parishes of Doon and Tuogh, barony of Owneybeg and their county Tipperary estate in the parishes of Clonpet, Cordangan and Tipperary, barony of Clanwilliam, Ballynaclogh, Latteragh and Nenagh, barony of Upper Ormond and Kilcomenty and Killoscully, barony of Owney and Arra. In the 1870s Henry De Stafford O'Brien also owned 5,263 acres in county Limerick and 7,984 acres in county Tipperary.
- At the time of Griffith's Valuation Edward Donatus O'Brien held an estate in the parishes of Kilmurry, barony of Ibrickan, and Rath, barony of Inchiquin, county Clare and his mother, Jemima, held over a 1000 acres at Fanore More in the parish of Killonaghan, barony of Burren. He was descended from Henry O'Brien of Stonehall and his wife, Susannah Stafford. His father, Donatus O'Brien of Fanore, died in 1842. The family appear to have been resident at Sidmouth in Devon by the mid 19th century. In February 1857 the Scrappul estate, amounting to almost 4,000 acres, in the barony of Ibrickan belonging to O'Brien family members was advertised for sale, along with some land in the barony of Inchiquin and 687 acres in the barony of Owney and Arra, county Tipperary. Matthias Kenny appears to have bought the Scrappul estate. The lands in Inchiquin were purchased by Mr. Lahiff and in trust by Mr. Clay. In November 1858 the lands of Fanore were advertised for sale. Edward Donatus O'Brien was living in Llangollen, Wales, when he died in 1865.
- John Evans, of Welsh descent, settled in the city of Limerick in the early 17th century. In 1666 George Evans was granted 2,376 acres in counties Limerick and Tipperary. The Right Honourable George Evans of Bulgaden Hall, parish of Uregare, county Limerick, married Mary, a daughter of John Eyre of Eyre Court, county Galway in 1679. Their eldest son George was created Baron Carbery of Carbery, county Cork, in 1715. He married Anne Stafford of Blatherwick. The descendants of their eldest son George died out in the main line and it was the grandson of their second son, John Evans Freke of Bulgaden Hall, who eventually became the 6th Baron. He was succeeded by his nephew, George Patrick Evans Freke, in 1845. In the early 1850s Baroness Carbery, widow of the 6th Baron, held land in the parishes of Athneasy, Kilbreedy Major, Uregare, baronies of Smallcounty, Coshma and Coshlea, county Limerick, and in the parish of Athnowen, barony of East Muskerry, county Cork. In the 1870s Lord Carbery of Castlefreke, county Cork, owned 13,692 acres in county Cork, 2,724 acres in county Limerick and much smaller estates in counties Kilkenny and Queen's county [county Laois]. The Parliamentary Return of 1876 records Stewart and Kincaid as his land agents. The representatives of Lady Carbery's estate were among the principal lessors in the parishes of Dromdaleague, Durrus, Tullagh, barony of West Carbery, the parishes of Kilkerranmore and Rathbarry, barony of Ibane & Barryroe and the parishes of Ross and Fanlobbus, barony of East Carbery, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Lord Carbery was among the principal lessors in the parish of Kilbrittain, barony of East Carbery, at the same time. The estate was sold by John, Lord Carbery, in 1919.