- Edward Bourchier Hartopp of Dalby House, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, was the grandson of Edward Hartopp who married Juliana Evans, daughter of George, 3rd Lord Carbery, in 1782. Anthony Malcomson writes in his introduction to the Bisbrooke Papers that following the death of her brother, 4th Baron Carbery, in 1804 Mrs Hartopp inherited the unentailed part of the Irish property of her father. Edward B. Hartopp was one of the principal lessors in the county Kerry parishes of Kilcrohane, barony of Dunkerron South, Kilgarvan, barony of Glanarought and Killaha, barony of Magunihy, at the time of Griffith’s Valuation. He also held land in the county Limerick parishes of Killeenoghty, barony of Pubblebrien, Killeedy, barony of Glenquin, Abington, Caherconlish and Inch St Lawrence, barony of Clanwilliam, Adare, Bruree, Croom, Killeenoghty, Killonahan and Uregare, barony of Coshma. David Roche was his agent circa 1840. In the 1870s his address is given as Leicester ad Bateman notes it as Dalby Hall, Melton Mowbray. He owned over 24,000 acres in county Kerry at that time, together with 4,545 acres in county Limerick and 2,467 acres in county Cork. In 1906 terms had been arranged by the Congested Districts Board for the purchase of over 15,000 acres of the Burns-Hartopp estate in county Kerry. This land was acquired by the Board in 1908.
- George Roche was Mayor of Limerick at the beginning of the 18th century and also represented the city in Parliament. His grandson David Roche of Carass, agent to Lord Carbery, married Frances Maunsell and was renting the mill at Carass from Lord Carbery in the late 18th century. Correspondence from David Roche as agent is to be found in the Bisbrooke Hall Papers. Their son David became a baronet in 1838. David Roche was agent to the Hartopp estate at the time of the first Ordnance Survey. Sir David Roche's county Limerick estate was in the parishes of Mungret, barony of Pubblebrien, Bruree, barony of Connello Upper and Croom, Drehidtarsna and Dysert, barony of Coshma. In the latter he rented land from Trinity College, Dublin, the Reverend John Delmege and Major Sullivan. Caherass was his seat where he owned flour mills valued at £203. Sir David Vandeleur Roche 2nd baronet owned 3,951 acres in county Limerick in the 1870s. Griffith’s Valuation records Sir David Roche as the immediate lessor of four townlands in the parish of Clareabbey, barony of Islands, county Clare, previously the estate of the Peacocke family. His second son Standish O’Grady Roche owned 1,497 acres in county Clare in the 1870s. The house Barntick was leased to the Lyons family in the early 1850s and was eventually purchased by them in the late 19th century. The mother of Sir Michael Hogan, a very distinguished member of the British Colonial Service in the mid 20th century was a member of the Lyons family. Sir David Roche was the lessor of several townlands in the parish of Castleisland, county Kerry at the time of Griffith's Valuation and during the Ordnance Survey of the 1830s.
- John Evans, of Welsh descent, settled in the city of Limerick in the early 17th century. In 1666 George Evans was granted 2,376 acres in counties Limerick and Tipperary. The Right Honourable George Evans of Bulgaden Hall, parish of Uregare, county Limerick, married Mary, a daughter of John Eyre of Eyre Court, county Galway in 1679. Their eldest son George was created Baron Carbery of Carbery, county Cork, in 1715. He married Anne Stafford of Blatherwick. The descendants of their eldest son George died out in the main line and it was the grandson of their second son, John Evans Freke of Bulgaden Hall, who eventually became the 6th Baron. He was succeeded by his nephew, George Patrick Evans Freke, in 1845. In the early 1850s Baroness Carbery, widow of the 6th Baron, held land in the parishes of Athneasy, Kilbreedy Major, Uregare, baronies of Smallcounty, Coshma and Coshlea, county Limerick, and in the parish of Athnowen, barony of East Muskerry, county Cork. In the 1870s Lord Carbery of Castlefreke, county Cork, owned 13,692 acres in county Cork, 2,724 acres in county Limerick and much smaller estates in counties Kilkenny and Queen's county [county Laois]. The Parliamentary Return of 1876 records Stewart and Kincaid as his land agents. The representatives of Lady Carbery's estate were among the principal lessors in the parishes of Dromdaleague, Durrus, Tullagh, barony of West Carbery, the parishes of Kilkerranmore and Rathbarry, barony of Ibane & Barryroe and the parishes of Ross and Fanlobbus, barony of East Carbery, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Lord Carbery was among the principal lessors in the parish of Kilbrittain, barony of East Carbery, at the same time. The estate was sold by John, Lord Carbery, in 1919.