- The Synges held lands in the parish of Dysert, county Clare, from the mid 18th century when Nicholas Synge was Bishop of Killaloe. The Bishop's grandson, George Synge, married Mary MacDonnell of New Hall, county Clare and they had three sons, Edward of Syngefield, county Offaly and Carhoo, Charles of Mount Callan and the Reverend Francis of Slevoir, county Tipperary. In June 1851 the estate of Edward Synge, circa 4,000 acres in county Clare and over 1,100 acres in county Offaly was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates' Court. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the estate of Francis Hutchinson Synge was comprised of at least 14 townlands in the parish of Dysert, barony of Inchiquin. Other townlands in the parishes of Inagh, Rath and Killinaboy belonged to other Synge family members. The Reverend Francis Synge held at least three townlands in the parish of Terryglass, barony of Lower Ormond, county Tipperary, at this time. He was rector of Loughkeen parish, as was his son, Reverend Edward Synge. In the 1870s Colonel George Charles Synge of Mount Callan owned 2,940 acres and Mrs Elizabeth Synge of Dysert owned 2,920 acres in county Clare. Also Lady Maxwell, a sister of Francis Synge of Glanmore, county Wicklow, owned 1,106 acres in county Clare.
- In the 1870s Lady Maxwell of 59 Stanhope Gardens, London owned 1,106 acres in county Clare. She was the wife of Sir Peter Benson Maxwell, a colonial Chief Justice and fourth son of the Reverend Peter Benson Maxwell of Birdstown, county Donegal. Frances Dorothea Synge daughter of Francis Synge of Glanmore Castle, county Wicklow, had married Peter B. Maxwell in 1842.